5 Haziran 2012 Salı

Feedback 3


Feedback on Asude Karaaslan’s Second Official Presentation
As I was watching the video of Asude’s second official teaching, I was really impressed by her self- confidence. From the beginning of the lesson, she does not show any sign of nervousness, which is in fact good both for the students and for her. As far as I have observed until now, the students generally prefer a firm attitude from the teacher although this should not be misunderstood as being inapproachable. In my opinion, Asude succeeded in being a confident and approachable teacher.
In the following parts, however, there were some points when some students lost their attention for the lesson and started to talk to their group members. This was demotivating both for them and for the other members of the classroom. In my opinion, Asude could have warned these students and she could have made them feel that she was the teacher. I am against harsh criticisms as I think that they will only make the situation worse. However, she could have used some practical strategies such as moving closer to that group of students or warning them in a polite way. It would have been better if she had changed her zone a little bit and moved among the groups.
For the problem of students talking in Turkish, I generally prefer warning them until they give up talking in Turkish or I make them feel that I am aware that they talk in Turkish. Asude did not warn her students but she preferred to address some questions to them and she tried to involve them in the classroom through the group activity. This way, the students attended the lesson but they continued to talk in Turkish from time to time. I am one of those people who believe in the need to talk in English throughout the lesson. That’s why I think she should have warned her students at some points.
I think that her lesson was generally successful; yet, there were some points that could be improved. I hope that this feedback will be useful in that sense. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder