5 Haziran 2012 Salı

Official Presentation 3

This is the video of my third official presentation. This lesson takes place in the same classroom as my second official presentation. The students are 5th grade students and they are around eleven years old. Actually, this lesson is following the previous lesson; so it is possible to say that my second and third official presentations are connected. In this class, we are again talking about holidays. However, instead of talking about other people's holiday plans, the students will assume that they plan holidays for tourists as they are travel agency workers. My aim is to make my students use "can" for making suggestions. I hope you enjoy watching this video!

2 yorum:

  1. Bu yorum yazar tarafından silindi.

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Peer Feedback on Ayşegül Bayram’s 3rd Official Teaching

    Although Ayşegül and I are in the same practicum school, I have never observed her at school. I have watched the video of her last official teaching and I have encountered a real teacher. In this paper, I am going to focus on her strengths and mention a point to improve.
    Ayşegül started the lesson in a manner as her mentor teacher would probably do. She was very confident and her voice was very clear. This video has the best voice quality among the ones I have watched so far so I felt myself as if I was really observing her inside the classroom. She started asking question regarding what they did in the previous lesson. It was good as it provided the students a sense of continuity between the lessons.
    The activities she used were well-chosen and gave a context to students to practice the modal verb ‘can’. Also, Ayşegül used holiday as a theme throughout her lesson and related each activity to the theme. There were not any isolated activities, which made gave the lesson a sense of wholeness.
    Another strength of Ayşegül as a teacher was her effective monitoring skills. She was always walking around the groups and monitoring whether or not the students were on-task. However, she asked the question: “Is everybody listening to me?” a lot of time, nearly every time when some students were speaking among themselves or they were off-task. In this sense, she has comprehensive classroom management skills. But if she asks the same question again and again, students might answer “yes” without thinking or monitoring themselves. That is a danger.
    As a suggestion, I think Ayşegül should improve her skills with regard to eliciting students’ responses. She may develop some techniques for herself because most students did not respond very often to her questions. She gave the answers herself. With this point in mind, it was a really good and organized teaching. Congratulations!

    YanıtlaSil